Friday, May 13, 2011

cooking

I made two delicious snacks last night  oatmeal raisin protein balls and strawberry protein sorbet  because I hate when I want something sweet to eat at night and there is no good choices  these are better choices than the candy bars that we have in the frig  my balls werent quite as tasty as the other balls i made but still pretty good  hahahah  that sounds terrible  no actually  mine are great!! better after chilled in the frig   I love my blendtec and all the fun treats i can make with it  i used it to grind my oats into oat flour for oatmeal pancakes  awesome  and we made super yummy chocolate shakes/ice cream in it  i am a bad mom  i make thing i would like to eat then feed it to my kids

Strawberry protein sorbet

  1 10oz bottle special k protein shake  strawberry
 2 tsp organic blue agave sweetener
 ice 2 good scoops
 frozen strawberries 2 good scoops  (this fills the blender full)
 a slash of fat free milk or water
 5 chunks watermelon (i had a few slices of a baby watermelon felt over from dinner so i threw them in)
  blend away!!
  i served josh a bowl and he loved it  them saved the rest in the freezer

No comments: